Re: initramfs: who does cat init.sh >> init ?

From: Nickolay
Date: Fri Jun 09 2006 - 16:32:35 EST

H. Peter Anvin wrote:

Followup to: <4489D93F.7090401@xxxxxxxxx>
By author: Nickolay <nickolay@xxxxxxxxx>
In newsgroup: linux.dev.kernel

Guys, in recent kernels, when building kernel with initramfs with V=1, i see interesting one:

cat /usr/kernel/BE/2_6/initramfs/init.sh >/usr/kernel/BE/2_6/initramfs/init

But i can't find, who really do that. Can anyone point me?
I need to fix that, because it's impossible for me to have two copy of init.

Nothing that's part of the standard kernel, that's for sure.

Looks like you have something patched, possibly by a vendor. The
BE/2_6 bit definitely looks that way.

-hpa

I'm afraid, that you wrong.
It is 2.6.17-rc4 git tree.

BE/2_6/initramfs is just CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE path.

--
Nickolay Vinogradov