HELP! Slip Interface losing packets. Looking for contractor to fix.

From: Butler, Gerald
Date: Tue Jun 13 2006 - 11:47:45 EST

Hello,

We have a custom compiled Linux Kernel running oh RHEL 3.1

[root@st0056_1 root]# uname -a
Linux st0056_1 2.4.21-32.0.1.ELcustom #12 SMP Wed Sep 14 11:55:22 EDT 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

We compiled in SLIP support using the standard RHEL kernel supplied by Redhat. Unfortunately, RH does not support SLIP. We are experiencing problems that we believe are a kernel issue (either SLIP or SERIAL) and are interested in hiring a contractor to diagnose the problem and provide a kernel patch to the kernel we are using (if necessary). We do not want to upgrade or change distributions at this time (business/practicality reasons).

If you are interested, please send an e-mail with your resume (doc, odf, or plain text) to 'gerald.edward.butler@xxxxxxxxx' (I'll provide a private e-mail address to interested parties).

The company website is here: http://www.sterlingjewelers.com/

Thank You,

Gerald Butler
Project Manager - Store Systems
Sterling Inc

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and/or
confidential and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity
named above. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the
If you have received this communication in error, please immediately
notify us by telephone (330-668-5000), and destroy the original
message. Thank you.