RE: i2c-algo-ite and i2c-ite planned for removal

From: Shane McDonald
Date: Fri Jun 16 2006 - 13:09:45 EST

Hi:

PMC-Sierra has an eval board (the "Xiao Hu") that uses these files. We haven't (yet) pushed out patches to add support for this board, but we hope to at some time. The kernel we use on the board is based on 2.6.14, so I could generate a patch so that these files will compile against 2.6.14. I'm guessing the patch will also apply to 2.6.16.20, since these files haven't changed for so long.

I'll put together the patch and make sure it's still correct against 2.6.16.20, then submit it.

Shane