Re: [patch 2/3] vdso: improve print_fatal_signals support by adding memory maps

From: Simon Raffeiner
Date: Sat Jun 17 2006 - 10:21:51 EST

When compiling 2.6.17-rc6-mm2 (which contains this patch) my gcc 4.0.3 (Ubuntu
4.0.3-1ubuntu5) complains about "int len;" being used uninitialized in
print_vma(). AFAICS len is not initialized and then passed to
pad_len_spaces(int len), which uses it for some calculations.

I also noticed that similar code is used in fs/proc/task_mmu.c, where
show_map_internal() passes an uninitialised int len; to pad_len_spaces(struct
seq_file *m, int len).

Please include my E-Mail address in replies as I am not subscribed to LKML.

--
OpenPGP/GnuPG Key: 0xB2204FA0 @ subkeys.pgp.net

"There is no point in having Linux on the Desktop if it's at the cost of it
being the same crap that Windows is."
- Benjamin Herrenschmidt