Re: UDF filesystem has some bugs on truncating

From: colin
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 00:36:06 EST

Hi Alan,
Do you use the same command with me?
The parameter "seek" of "dd if=/dev/zero of=aaa bs=1024k count=2 seek=3000"
will inform "dd" to use truncate system call to expand file in no time.
In normal situations, the file will grow up to 3G in about 2 seconds.
This dd command on ext3 partition can run very well on my platform, but it
will fail on UDF partition.

Regards,
Colin