Re: GFS2 and DLM

From: Steven Whitehouse
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 08:46:52 EST

Hi,

On Tue, 2006-06-20 at 13:33 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 01:17:13PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Linus, Andrew suggested to me to send this pull request to you directly.
> > Please consider merging the GFS2 filesystem and DLM from (they are both
> > in the same tree for ease of testing):
>
> Did anyone actually bother to review it? It's huge and was in pretty
> bad shapre when I looked last time. Also in the -mm merge writeup
> you guys said it's only scheduled for 2.6.19 so I didn't even bother
> looking at the huge mess.

Well we have received a few comments from various people, so I would say
that it has been reviewed. You appeared to be happy with the iflags.h
header file which was the last set of comments that I have from you I
think. I'm sorry if we've missed something along the way but I hope
we've been quite careful to address all the issues.

My comments regarding 2.6.19 were due to one particular aspect of the
unlink() call which wasn't quite right. I didn't think at the time I
wrote that message that we'd be ready for this merge window, however
since Linus then went through a final -rc release, there was in fact
time to deal with this. I did post a follow up to clarify that a little
while back, so I'm sorry if it was a bit confusing,

Steve.