ipv6 source address selection in addrconf.c (2.6.17)

From: Lukasz Stelmach
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 08:54:53 EST

Greetings

net/ipv6/addrconf.c:971 is
/* Rule 2: Prefer appropriate scope */
if (hiscore.rule < 2) {
hiscore.scope = __ipv6_addr_src_scope(hiscore.addr_type);
hiscore.rule++;
}

Do you think it makes any sens when hiscore.addr_type hasn't been assigned any
value (or I can't see it) before? There are some more references to
hiscore.addr_type below but no assignment.

I am trying to figure out why when trying to connect to

2001:200:0:8002:203:47ff:fea5:3085 (www.kame.net)

with two global addresses assigned to the ethernet card

fd24:6f44:46bd:face::254
2002:531f:d667:face::254

rule 8 does not work and the first address is chosen.

Please CC answers.
--
ByÅo mi bardzo miÅo. Czwarta pospolita klÄska, [...]