Re: [git pull] ieee1394 tree for 2.6.18

From: Stefan Richter
Date: Tue Jun 20 2006 - 16:57:17 EST

Russell King wrote:
The point was to try to establish when we could consider the tree from
which we'd asked Linus to pull from as being sufficiently old that it
would not be pulled from without another request being sent - or if it
was pulled from, that we wouldn't get an email from Linus about the fact
there was new stuff in there.

You could /a/ try to come to an agreement with him about a less brittle protocol, or /b/ think of your mail as an "announcement" rather than a "request" (for your peace of mind) and follow up with a repost of the announcement if you come to know that your updates did not appear in Linus' tree when the end of a merge window is near.

(Of course I cannot really assess your requirements and workload, not being maintainer of a large or highly connected kernel component myself. So ignore if I'm suggesting something stupid here.)
--
Stefan Richter