who I do know if a interrupt is ioapic_edge_type or ioapic_level_type? [Was Re: [Fwd: Re: [Linux-usb-users] Fwd: Re:2.6.17-rc6-mm2 - USB issues]]

From: Sergio Monteiro Basto
Date: Wed Jun 21 2006 - 20:35:57 EST

who I do know if a interrupt is ioapic_edge_type or ioapic_edge_type ?

On Wed, 2006-06-21 at 20:50 +1000, Johny wrote:
> Success :)
>
> I simply made the change
> manually, based on your and others' inputs (it seemed the simpler
> option).
>
> Both kernels now boot, and all USB devices are recognised correctly.
>

> I run in XT_PIC mode for interrupts.

Hi, thanks for your positive test on "my" theory.

Here it goes the link that I talked about on last email
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/8/18/92 (you can read the previous messages on
this thread)

The patch of this link doesn't compile (at least for me), but have a
simple idea, which is just quirk the VIA_PCIs if they are in XT_PIC mode
and I think that is the way of this quirks should go.

So someone help me out and do a patch that recognize if the interrupt is
in XT-PIC mode or not ?

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.