Re: Add pacct_struct to fix some pacct bugs.

From: Randy.Dunlap
Date: Thu Jun 22 2006 - 00:10:57 EST

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:35:50 -0700 Andrew Morton wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:07:19 +0900
> KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > The seriese of patches fixes some process accounting bugs.
>
> OK, thanks for splitting those up. A few patch-protocol things:
>
> - Please make the email Subject: reflect the patch contents - all three
> patches here were called "Re: Add pacct_struct to fix some pacct bugs."
>
> - Please don't indent the changlogs by five spaces. Start in column zero.
>
> - Your email client performs space-stuffing, which corrupts the patches.
> I fixed them all by hand.
>
> I don't know if it's possible to prevent thunderbird from doing this
> (my mozilla bugzilla record on this has to be three years old, and is
> still open). You might have to use text/plain attachments in the future.

tbird hints (works for me from oracle.com):

http://mbligh.org/linuxdocs/Email/Clients/Thunderbird
and
http://lkml.org/lkml/2005/12/27/191
and
http://lists.osdl.org/pipermail/kernel-janitors/2006-June/006478.html

However, I guess there could be other things between the sender
and receiver that cause problems...

---
~Randy