Re: What's in git.git and announcing v1.4.1-rc1

From: Pádraig Brady
Date: Fri Jun 23 2006 - 10:04:23 EST

Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>

>>On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Junio C Hamano wrote:
>>
>>> - diff --color (Johannes).
>>
>> - default to red/green for old/new lines. That's the norm, I'd think.
>

> ... and which happens to be useless for 10% of the male population (and
> even more if you look specifically at Asian people). But then, I just
> pasted that part from somewhere else.

:)

So 10% of the male population need to learn
traffic light positions rather than colours?

I'm red/green colour blind which means I can't
distinguish _subtley_ different shades of red and green.

vim is another fondue fork offender as it merges
syntax highlighting and diff colours in diff mode (vimdiff).
I put the following in ~/.vimrc to disable that madness:

if &diff
"I'm only interested in diff colours
syntax off
endif