Re: GFS2 and DLM

From: Steven Whitehouse
Date: Fri Jun 23 2006 - 12:20:10 EST

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-06-23 at 16:00 +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 01:17:13PM +0100, Steven Whitehouse wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Linus, Andrew suggested to me to send this pull request to you directly.
> > Please consider merging the GFS2 filesystem and DLM from (they are both
> > in the same tree for ease of testing):
>
> A new normal filesystem (aka everything but procfs) shouldn't implement
> ->readlink but use generic_readlink instead.

The comment above generic_readlink has this to say:

/*
* A helper for ->readlink(). This should be used *ONLY* for symlinks that
* have ->follow_link() touching nd only in nd_set_link(). Using (or not
* using) it for any given inode is up to filesystem.
*/

which appears, at least, to contradict what you are saying. I'll put it
on my list to look at again, but a straight substitution of
generic_readlink() does not work, so I'd prefer to leave it as it is for
the moment,

Steve.