Re: [-mm patch] mm/readahead.c: cleanups

From: Andrew Morton
Date: Sat Jun 24 2006 - 02:02:31 EST

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 12:56:17 +0200
Adrian Bunk <bunk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> This patch contains the following cleanups:
> - make needlessly global code static
> - rename the global variable debug_level (sic) to readahead_debug_level
> - proper extern declaration for readahead_debug_level in
> include/linux/mm.h

I can't really use this, since it sprinkles changes all over the patch
series. Three separate patches would have been better, although even that
would be a hassle.

Anyway, I just edited the diffs, got most of it.

What does this

- READAHEAD_DEBUGFS_ENTRY_U32(debug_level);
+ debugfs_create_u32("debug_level", 0644, root, &readahead_debug_level);

do?