Calling kernel functions from kprobes/jprobes

From: Samuel
Date: Tue Jun 27 2006 - 03:58:50 EST

Hi,

I am using kprobes/jprobes to try and understand how IP options are handled in the kernel. From one of these probes I want to call another function inside the kernel, namely ip_options_get_from_user. It is defined in net/ipv4/ip_options.c and declared in include/net/ip.h. I have included the ip.h header file in my probe, but on compilation I get a warning saying the function is undefined. Also, inserting the probe fails - "Unknown symbol in module".

Any help would be appreciated.

BR,

Samuel Korpi