Re: swsusp / suspend2 reliability (was Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: Suspend2 - Request for review & inclusion in -mm)

From: Sebastian Kügler
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 18:37:35 EST

On Thursday 29 June 2006 00:24, Pavel Machek wrote:
> > > Okay, can I get some details? Like how much memory does system have,
> > > what stress test causes the failure?
> >
> > The machine has 1GB of RAM, filling it up beyond 500MB, maybe 600MB
> > usually made swsusp a problem. I'd need to close apps then to be able to
> > suspend.
>
> I'm pretty sure I do suspending with most of RAM full. You have
> big-enough swap partition, right?

1 GB, it might not be completely empty though. I probably only hit swsusp
limit much earlier than suspend2's (which after 34 suspend/resume cycles and
heavy use in between I did not hit yet).
--
sebas

Mohandas K. Gandhi often changed his mind publicly. An aide once asked him how
he could so freely contradict this week what he had said just last week. The
great man replied that it was because this week he knew better.