Re: [git pull] Input update for 2.6.17

From: Jeff Garzik
Date: Wed Jun 28 2006 - 19:39:46 EST

Linus Torvalds wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Jeff Garzik wrote:

Linus Torvalds wrote:
Anyway, "urb->transfer_buffer" was initialized with

urb->transfer_buffer = skb->data;

and I'm pretty damn sure you're supposed to just kfree() it.
eh? I would think dev_kfree_skb(), because who knows whether the skb was
cloned, split, data buffer adjusted, destructors need to be called...

Well, we don't actually have the skb available any more.

You do:

urb->transfer_buffer = skb->data;
urb->transfer_buffer_length = skb->len;

__fill_isoc_desc(urb, skb->len, le16_to_cpu(husb->isoc_out_ep->desc.wMaxPacketSize));

_urb->priv = skb;

so it looks like you can grab it out of the 'priv' field.

And a damned good thing too...

Jeff