Re: [BUG] Linux-2.6.17-rt3 on arm ixdp465

From: Steven Rostedt
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 08:48:46 EST

Hi Russell,

Thanks for replying!

On Thu, 29 Jun 2006, Russell King wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 08:09:24AM -0400, Steven Rostedt wrote:
> >
> > Well, the following patch may not be the best but I don't see it being any
> > worse than what is already there. I don't have any arm platforms or even
> > an arm compiler, so I haven't even tested this patch with a compile. But
> > it should be at least a temporary fix.
>
> Guys, look at what's in the latest -git from Linus.

Yep, this looks like a non issue when 2.6.18(-rcX?) comes out, and Ingo
updates his -rt patch against it.

I did say what I had wasn't the best and only a temporary fix. But I
guess it can still work as a temporary solution until 2.6.18-rt1, where
we will have the fixes from Linus's tree.

Now maybe a copy of the arch/arm/common/dmabounce.c from git to Ingo's -rt
patch will work out of the box too. But I don't know what other changes
are dependent on that.

Thanks,

-- Steve