Re: [Patch][RFC] Disabling per-tgid stats on task exit in taskstats

From: Shailabh Nagar
Date: Thu Jun 29 2006 - 15:14:10 EST

Paul Jackson wrote:

Andrew wrote:

a) throw more CPU(s) at stats collection: allow userspace to register for
"stats generated by CPU N", then run a stats collection daemon on each
CPU or

I wonder if we could make the collector per-cpuset.

I suppose this is because cpuset's offer some middle ground between collecting data per-cpu
vs. collecting it for all cpus ?

What happens when someone is using cpusets on such a machine and changes its membership
adjust their processing....seems like unnecessary tying up of two unrelated concepts.

--Shailabh