Re: 2.6.17-mm5 dislikes raid-1, just like mm4

From: Reuben Farrelly
Date: Sun Jul 02 2006 - 00:42:30 EST

On 2/07/2006 10:22 a.m., Andrew Morton wrote:
On Sat, 1 Jul 2006 20:14:55 +0200
Helge Hafting <helgehaf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just got mm5 up, and it has the same problem as mm4.
Raid-1 does not work. I used 2.6.16 to resync my raids,
and booted into 2.6.17-mm5.
<snip>
As we see, the md devices are assembled, then the filesystems are
mounted and swap turned on. Then all three md devices fail a partition at the same time. Somehow, I don't believe that
is correct. ;-)

I assume this is still the broken-barriers bug. Thanks for all the help on
this, guys. More is to be asked for, I'm afraid.

I've prepared a tree which is basically 2.6.17-mm5, only the git-scsi-misc
and git-libata-all trees have been omitted. It's at

http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/2.6.17-mm5-no-sata-scsi.bz2

(That's a diff against 2.6.17)

Works.

If that kernel works, then the next step is to test

http://www.zip.com.au/~akpm/linux/patches/stuff/2.6.17-mm5-no-scsi.bz2

which is 2.6.17-mm5 without git-scsi-misc, but with git-libata-all.

Works. I'm running it now and it looks to be all fine (including the workaround/fix for MSI)

In both cases I rebooted twice with each kernel to be sure it wasn't a one-off.

This then must point to git-scsi-misc being implicated, if not the source.......

Reuben