Re: ext4 features

From: Gabor Gombas
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 05:42:38 EST

On Sat, Jul 01, 2006 at 08:17:02PM +0200, Tomasz Torcz wrote:

> Yes, but what good is identification? We could only return I/O error.

I'm regularly using unison to sync my home directory to an USB drive,
and about once in every 2-3 weeks unison complains that the data on the
USB drive does not match the checksum unison expects. An umount/remount
usually fixes the problem. There are no messages in the kernel log.

It would be really nice if the file system should catch these silent
data corruptions and at least warn me that something is fishy.

Gabor