Re: 2.6.17-mm5 -- Busted toolchain? -- usr/klibc/exec_l.c:59: undefinedreference to `__stack_chk_fail'

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Mon Jul 03 2006 - 11:09:39 EST

Miles Lane wrote:

Well, I see that Andrew has accepted (mm5)
the -fno-stack-protector patch for the Makefile, but klibc remains
unpatched (scripts/Kbuild.klibc and usr/klibc/arch/i386/MCONFIG).
Would the right person in this dialog submit those changes to Andrew?

The fix is in my private tree, but given that we're in a merge window, I don't want to push it out right now until I've been able to figure out why an unrelated change cause make to spew warning messages.

-hpa