Re: Serial-Core: USB-Serial port current issues.

From: Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino
Date: Tue Jul 04 2006 - 15:41:24 EST

Hi Paul,

On Mon, 26 Jun 2006 19:49:09 -0500
Paul Fulghum <paulkf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| On Mon, 2006-06-26 at 15:26 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
| > On Fri, Jun 23, 2006 at 02:28:42PM -0300, Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino wrote:
| > > On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 09:29:40 +0100
| > > Russell King <rmk+lkml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

| > > |
> [...]
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |
| > > |

| What about this ugly fragment?
| (assuming get_mctrl not called from IRQ)

What's the problem with get_mctrl() being called from IRQ?

Note that get_mctrl() is a callback and the driver is free to call _its_
get_mctrl() from IRQ if it wants to.

| take mutex
| take port lock
| again:
| save local copy of icount
| release port lock
| get_mctrl
| take port lock
| if (icount changed)
| goto again
| update tty->hw_stopped
| release port lock
| release mutex

Well, I think it'd work. But how can we keep track of 'icount'?
Should the driver add 1 if it updates 'tty->hw_stopped'?

PS: Sorry for the long delay, I was off last week.

--
Luiz Fernando N. Capitulino