Re: ext4 features

From: Valdis . Kletnieks
Date: Tue Jul 04 2006 - 22:47:32 EST

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 22:40:05 EDT, Bill Davidsen said:
> Valdis.Kletnieks@xxxxxx wrote:
> >catching unintended config changes - I started using tripwire after I
> >fat-fingered a script, and the machine backed up to /dev/null instead of
> >/dev/rmt0.
> But it ran faster, right? ;-)

Yeah. The tape ops figured I must have optimized something or gotten it
to do better incrementals - it would ask for the tape, and spit it out in
15 minutes instead of the 40-45 it used to take. So it went un-noticed till
a full cycle of tapes had gone by...

Guess who was totally mystified when we lost a disk, we restored from tape,
and the system had time warped itself back 2 months? :)