Re: lockdep input layer warnings.

From: Dmitry Torokhov
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 16:27:54 EST

On 7/6/06, Arjan van de Ven <arjan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 14:37 -0400, Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
> On 7/6/06, Dave Jones <davej@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > One of our Fedora-devel users picked up on this this morning
> > in an 18rc1 based kernel.
> >
> > Dave
> >

> > Synaptics Touchpad, model: 1, fw: 5.9, id: 0x2c6ab1, caps: 0x884793/0x0
> > serio: Synaptics pass-through port at isa0060/serio1/input0
> > input: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad as /class/input/input1
> > PM: Adding info for serio:serio2

> > [ INFO: possible recursive locking detected ]
>
> False alarm, there was a lockdep annotating patch for it in -mm.
not so sure; that patch is supposed to be in -rc1 already; investigating

Well, you are right, the patch is in -rc1 and I see mutex_lock_nested
in the backtrace but for some reason it is still not happy. Again,
this is with pass-through Synaptics port and we first taking mutex of
the child device and then (going through pass-through port) trying to
take mutex of the parent.

--
Dmitry