Re: cpuinfo_x86 and apicid

From: Stephane Eranian
Date: Thu Jul 06 2006 - 18:32:21 EST

Suresh,

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 02:06:13PM -0700, Siddha, Suresh B wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 01:00:31PM -0700, Stephane Eranian wrote:

> > > In i386, it is getting initialized in generic_identify() in common.c and
> > > it is getting used for example in intel_cacheinfo.c
> > >
> > Well, yes this is exactly what I want, except that it is not compiled for x86_64
> > so on a HT Xeon in 64-bit I don't get it. Why is that?
>
> on x86_64, it is getting initialized in identify_cpu() and further
> intel_cacheinfo.c gets linked in both i386 and x86_64.

Ah, yes I missed that. It works there two. I had something wrong
about how I accessed cpu_data. I am used to the elegant way we
do it on IA-64 but on x86_64 you have to index the cpu_data[]
array with smp_processor_id(). I was pointing to cpu_data[0]
on all processors.

For what I need, I can do cpuinfo_x86->apicid & 0x3 to identify
which thread is running. I can now remove some more code in perfmon2.

Thanks for your help.

--
-Stephane