Re: Suspend to RAM regression tracked down

From: Dave Jones
Date: Fri Jul 07 2006 - 12:20:37 EST

On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 09:25:37PM +1000, Jean-Marc Valin wrote:
> > There was a race in ondemand and conservative which made them lock up on
> > resume (possibly only on SMP systems though). There's a patch for that
> > in current -mm, but I suspect there's another problem (still haven't had
> > any time to track it down).
>
> OK, I tried the patch with 2.6.17 and it didn't work. My laptop failed
> to resume on the first try, so it must be something else. Could someone
> actually have a look at the changes in 2.6.12-rc5-git6 (which happen to
> be cpufreq-related)? I spend months pinpointing the problem to that
> version (it's takes several days to reproduce). I'd appreciate if
> someone could at least have a look at what changed there and maybe fix
> it.

Can you show /proc/cpuinfo for the affected system ?
If it's 15/3/4 or 15/4/1, that would explain why this kernel,
as this was when support for those models got introduced to
speedstep-centrino.

If it's not that, there is a pretty large delta in the ondemand
governor in this update, but I don't see anything blindlingly
obvious from looking over it.

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk