Re: [Suspend2-devel] Re: uswsusp history lesson

From: Alan Cox
Date: Sat Jul 08 2006 - 17:29:40 EST

Ar Sad, 2006-07-08 am 19:49 +0200, ysgrifennodd Olivier Galibert:
> If the gpl-ification of the full OSS system had happened much earlier,
> ALSA would have been crushed under its own weight by now.

The "free" OSS was superior to the proprietary one in pretty much every
respect by the time ALSA had really got beyond being a neat alternative
driver for a couple of chips.

So no I don't think so. ALSA still needs more dieting but the OSS API
really didnt do the job.