patch for timer.c

From: Uwe Bugla
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 11:17:55 EST

Hi everybody,
a thousand thanks for Roman's excellent work. which I tested as implementation in 2.6.18-rc1-mm1.
I can use again âvga=791â as kernel parameter, I do not suffer any keyboard errors anymore at boot prompt, and the kernel boots very quickly.
Fantastic!

BUT: This is a âPentium-4-onlyâ solution. On my file server, which is a Pentium 3 machine, the kernel stops booting and hangs the machine, no matter if I use framebuffer console with âvga=791â or not.
Would you please try to find a fix for every architecture at any speed?

Regards

Uwe

--

"Feel free" â 10 GB Mailbox, 100 FreeSMS/Monat ...