Re: [klibc] klibc and what's the next step?

From: H. Peter Anvin
Date: Tue Jul 11 2006 - 14:15:48 EST

Olaf Hering wrote:
Now I'm confused.
Is the kernel partition code supposed to go at some point?
Some people suggested that, but Linus was not convinced.

It's a proposal, and I personally think it makes sense. If done, it is obviously very important that it doesn't change the overall operation of the system.

If you mean just 'interpreting the partition table', thats not hard
either. I just poked at such code in yaboot a few weeks ago.

It's not hard; any of the partition table stuff, but we have quite a proliferation of them. It'd be even easier in userspace.

-hpa