Re: Re: patch for timer.c - two dmesgs

From: Jesper Juhl
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 03:48:01 EST

On 12/07/06, Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx> wrote:

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Wed, 12 Jul 2006 14:17:04 +0200 (CEST)
Von: Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: patch for timer.c - two dmesgs

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Uwe Bugla wrote:
>
> > Then the boot process does not take any break at all (like in kernel
> 2.6.18-rc1 and in kernels 2.6.17-mm*), but simply stops completely.
> > About 7 message lines are missing before X starts for presenting the
> graphical login prompt (proftpd, xprint etc.).
> > Perhaps two dmesgs help: one for a functionable 2.6.17.4 kernel
> (dmesg17), another for the kernel in question (dmesg18).
>
> A lot has changed since then...
> Did you try using SysRq+P or Alt+ScrollLock? (A SysRq+T might be useful
> too).
Sorry for this stupid sounding question:
At what point of the boot process do I have to use those keyboard combinations please? And what is the output / product of them please?
Sorry if I simply lack experience in those questions.

This might help : http://sosdg.org/~coywolf/lxr/source/Documentation/sysrq.txt
I can't answer at what point you should get the data though.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@xxxxxxxxx>