Re: suspend/hibernate to work on thinkpad x60s?

From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge
Date: Thu Jul 13 2006 - 11:29:16 EST

George Nychis wrote:
I am not seeing any problems at all, though I am not seeing anything
happen :)

If I Fn+suspend... nothing happens ... if i Fn+hibernate ... nothing happens

What patches did you use?
Sounds like your first step is to set up acpi. What distro are you using? What happens if you do "echo -n mem > /sys/power/state"?

The patches you need are to make the ahci disk interface resume properly. There's a series of 6 patches from Forrest Zhao which he posted to the linux-ide list, and they apply cleanly to 2.6.18-rc1-mm1.