Re: [linux-usb-devel] 2.6.17 hangs during boot on ASUS M2NPV-VMmotherboard

From: Alan Stern
Date: Fri Jul 14 2006 - 14:48:27 EST

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Andrew Morton wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 16:54:25 +0100
> "Andy Chittenden" <AChittenden@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > > So I guess there's something awry with the USB controller driver?
> > >

> > Is there any other info that someone wants to track this down? Or has
> > someone got a fix?

It's hard to come up with a fix without knowing what's wrong. The current
development version of that subroutine is essentially the same as the
version in 2.6.17.

If you want to pin down the problem more precisely, try adding a whole
bunch of printk() statements to the quirk_usb_handoff_ohci() function in
drivers/usb/host/pci-quirks.c.

Alan Stern