Re: Where is RLIMIT_RT_CPU?

From: Jean-Marc Valin
Date: Sat Jul 15 2006 - 11:02:58 EST

> as long as you can fork and exec as many of those processes as you want
> a per process rlimit is useless security wise... an evil user just fires
> off a second process just before the first one gets killed and a non-RT
> root still is starved out.

Of course, which is why the idea is for the limit to be global, across
all non-root users. AFAIK, that's what Ingo's original (pre-2.6.12)
patch did and also what Con Kolivas' SCHED_ISO patch does. That's also
why I think it would be very hard (if possible at all) to do this in
user space.

Jean-Marc