Re: Linux v2.6.18-rc2 | UTS Release version does not match current version

From: Joel Becker
Date: Sun Jul 16 2006 - 21:00:00 EST

On Sun, Jul 16, 2006 at 10:12:58PM +0100, Alistair John Strachan wrote:

> > -UTS_RELEASE_VERSION=$(shell if [ -f include/linux/version.h ]; then \
> > - grep 'define UTS_RELEASE' include/linux/version.h | \
> > +UTS_RELEASE_VERSION=$(shell if [ -f include/linux/utsrelease.h ]; then \
> > + grep 'define UTS_RELEASE' include/linux/utsrelease.h | \
> >

> > And rerun your make-kpkg. The above is not a valid patch, you'll have
> > to hand change it.
>
> It's probably worth letting somebody an upstream Debian maintainer know about
> this, so that Etch can inherit it (CCed).

I expected they'd notice really soon. Plus, a proper fix needs
to detect which header to use (older vs newer kernels), so the above is
not viable for upstream. But yes, I should have Cc'd :-)

Joel

--

"Three o'clock is always too late or too early for anything you
want to do."

Joel Becker
Principal Software Developer
Oracle