Re: Re: i686 hang on boot in userspace

From: Uwe Bugla
Date: Mon Jul 17 2006 - 09:36:24 EST

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 12:52:28 +0200 (CEST)
Von: Roman Zippel <zippel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: Uwe Bugla <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: i686 hang on boot in userspace

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 14 Jul 2006, Uwe Bugla wrote:
>
> > Hi everybody,
> > first of all thanks to the explanatory hints how a magic Sysrq key works
> â I've learned a lot.
> >
> > I first pressed ALT + PrintScreen + P, then ALT + PrintScreen + T.
> > To avoid wordwrapping or other unwanted effects please see the resulting
> kern.log as outline attachment.
> >
> > Could someone please explain to me what's behind that cryptic code?
>
> It shows what the kernel is currently is doing and where it's spending the
> time.
> First, your kernel buffer log buffer seems a little small, so not
> everything is captured. Could you increase the number in the "Kernel log
> buffer size" option (it's in the "Kernel debugging" part of the "Kernel
> hacking" menu).
> Second, could you press ALT+PrintScreen+P a few more times (maybe around
> 10 at least) while the kernel hangs? This would should where the cpu is
> spending its time and whether it's at a single place or at different
> places.
> Thanks.
>
> bye, Roman

Hi Roman, Hi everybody else,
my boot problem is solved within kernel 2.6.18-rc1-mm2!!!

A thousands of thanks for all your efforts!

I have compared 18-rc1-mm1 and 18-rc1-mm2.
mm2 contains a patch for timer.c owning almost twice as many hunks than mm1.
In so far I was sure it was a timer.c issue.

Regards

Uwe

--

Echte DSL-Flatrate dauerhaft fÃr 0,- Euro*!