Re: XFS breakage in 2.6.18-rc1

From: Torsten Landschoff
Date: Wed Jul 19 2006 - 17:12:08 EST

Hi Nathan,

On Wed, Jul 19, 2006 at 08:57:31AM +1000, Nathan Scott wrote:

> I suspect you had some residual directory corruption from using the
> 2.6.17 XFS (which is known to have a lurking dir2 corruption issue,
> fixed in the latest -stable point release).

That probably the cause of my problem. Thanks for the info!

BTW: I think there was nothing important on the broken filesystems, but
I'd like to keep what's still there anyway just in case... How would you
suggest should I copy that data? I fear, just mounting and using cp
might break and shutdown the FS again, would xfsdump be more
appropriate?

Thanks for XFS, I am using it for years in production servers!

Greetings

Torsten