Re: FAQ updated (was Re: XFS breakage...)

From: Nathan Scott
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 19:18:31 EST

On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 04:12:46PM -0700, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 20, 2006 at 07:10:46PM -0400, Justin Piszcz wrote:
>
> > I can run this over and over, and the result is the same?
>
> lost+found is recreated every time, rename it and you'll get less
> output

Yes this is the current xfs_repair behaviour (any previously
unlinked inodes will be found as unlinked on each successive
run, due to lost+found being recreated). This will likely
be rethought soon (not far off), since it confuses everyone.

So, its all good - xfs_repair has fixed things and you're all
set now.

cheers.

--
Nathan