Re: Status of the T-Mobile 3G PCMCIA Card

From: Charles Majola
Date: Fri Jul 21 2006 - 04:21:27 EST

Few problems..

chmj@buildd:~/projects/kernel$ cg-clone http://git.holtmann.org/nozomi.git nozomi
defaulting to local storage area
Fetching head...
cg-fetch: unable to get the HEAD branch
cg-clone: fetch failed
chmj@buildd:~/projects/kernel$ git clone http://git.holtmann.org/nozomi.git nozomi
defaulting to local storage area
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

--
chmj
"Wot? me worry?"

Marcel Holtmann wrote:
Hi Michael,

I've recently subscribed to T-Mobile's 3G service for my laptop. I
found v little info on the card but heard a few success stories with
the Vodafone card with Linux.

Upon getting the card I've not realised my mistake and it appears that
it isn't as simple as I'd hoped.

Has anyone had any success with this card at all?

The lspci out put is:

04:00.2 Network controller: Option N.V. Qualcomm MSM6275 UMTS chip
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 17
Memory at 52040000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [disabled] [size=2K]
04:00.2 0280: 1931:000c

pccard: CardBus card inserted into slot 0 is what dmesg says

And nothing appears under lsusb

I'd be grateful for any help anyone can offer because if I can't get
it to work I'll need to return it within the "cooling down" period
which is the next few days and be locked into an 18 month contract

they provided a driver for it and I am working on cleaning it up and
getting it merged mainline, but this hasn't been finished now. However I
am using this card for quite some time now with Linux. You can download
my current driver version with this command:

cg-clone http://git.holtmann.org/nozomi.git

I broke the latest revision with a change that produces a NULL pointer
dereference and haven't had the time to fix it. Will take a look at it
once I am back from the OLS.

Regards

Marcel