Re: Success: tty_io flush_to_ldisc() error message triggered

From: Paul Fulghum
Date: Sat Jul 22 2006 - 10:03:04 EST

Chuck Ebbert wrote:
Using the patch below that you sent me, this message printed today on
my SMP system when terminating pppd:

flush_to_ldisc - TTY_FLUSHING set, low_latency=0

And this bug is also in 2.6.17.4 - I forgot to reboot into 2.6.16.x
and the system locked up the same way 2.6.16 used to. That was made
even more fun by the 'SysRq broken on SMP' bug fixed by a pending
2.6.17.7 patch...

That confirms my thoughts on what went wrong:
multiple copies of the queued work (flush_to_ldisc)
running in parallel and corrupting the free buffer list.

A cleaner fix for this is already
in the 2.6.18 rc series.

Thanks,
Paul