Re: 2.6.18-rc2-mm1

From: Andy Whitcroft
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 10:48:48 EST

Andy Whitcroft wrote:
Seems that this one is eating /dev/null's during 'make' phase of a build. Am trying to track down whats changed.

Ok, this seems to be related to the changes in:

vdso-hash-style-fix.patch

Backing this out reverses the new behaviour.

It looks like the check to see if the options are valid, use -o /dev/null -xc /dev/null and that is causing the compiler to remove /dev/null.

The machines affected do not seem to have such old compilers:

gcc version 3.3.4 (Debian 1:3.3.4-3)

Yeah, yeah I know I should not be running my builds as root, but then we should not be eating it either.

-apw