Re: The ondemand CPUFreq code -- I hope the functionality stays

From: Dave Jones
Date: Thu Jul 27 2006 - 21:08:34 EST

On Thu, Jul 27, 2006 at 09:04:23PM -0400, Patrick McFarland wrote:

> I think you've gotten confused. Ondemand is a horrible governor that only
> flips between two cpu frequencies, the lowest and the highest.

That isn't true. I just double checked, and saw my core-duo changing
between all 4 states it offers.

> Use the Conservative governor instead.

This governor is based on the same code as on-demand with some subtle
tweaks to make it not change the frequency as often. If anything *this*
one should be less 'active' for you than ondemand.

What driver are you using ?

Dave

--
http://www.codemonkey.org.uk