Re: the ' 'official' point of view' expressed by kernelnewbies.orgregarding reiser4 inclusion

From: Hans Reiser
Date: Fri Jul 28 2006 - 05:23:37 EST

Adrian Bunk wrote:

>But you can not tell based on klive data whether the ratio of
>reiser4:ext3 users in the world is more like 1:5, 1:500 or 1:50000.
>
><-- snip -->
>
>I can't prove that the 1:5 ratio is wrong, but the point is that
>claiming a 1:5 ratio was true based on the klive data is not better than
>claiming it based on no data.

Yes, but I have been surprised that linux conference attendees all know
about reiser4, so I think it is consistent with the notion that reiser4
usage may well be much much higher than one would expect of a filesystem
that is not in the main tree, and which requires a lot of hassle to
install. It is a datapoint. I think the level of hobbyist enthusiasm
seen suggests that distros may gain market advantage by adding reiser4
support.....

Hans