Re: + sys_getppid-oopses-on-debug-kernel.patch added to -mm tree

From: Kirill Korotaev
Date: Tue Aug 08 2006 - 11:36:38 EST

Even without getting into just how ugly this is, is it really worth
it?
it is impossible to run debug kernels w/o this patch :/
or are you asking whether this optimization worth it?

What makes me worry is that this is a sign that vendors
don't even bother to run debug kernels :((((

It never was in my opinion but I lost that battle to Linus in 1.3.40 or
so timescales. Given how critical getppid _isnt_ I don't see the point
in being clever.
Alan, if you sign off the patch I will prepare another one, which removes
the optimization away and make it always safe.

Kirill