Re: ALSA problems with 2.6.18-rc3

From: Gene Heskett
Date: Wed Aug 09 2006 - 14:15:35 EST

On Wednesday 09 August 2006 12:35, Lee Revell wrote:
>On Wed, 2006-08-09 at 17:30 +0100, Andrew Benton wrote:
>> Lee Revell wrote:
>> > Please try to identify the change that introduced the regression.
>> > What was the last kernel/ALSA version that worked correctly?
>>
>> The change happened between 2.6.17 and 2.6.18-rc1. Specifically,
>> 2.6.17-git4 works and 2.6.17-git5 doesn't.
>
>Takashi-san,
>
>Does this help at all? Many users are reporting that sound broke with
>2.6.18-rc*.
>
>Lee

Takashi-san's suggestion earlier today of running an "alsactl -F restore"
seems to have fixed all those diffs right up, I now have good sound with
an emu10k1 using an audigy 2 as card-0, running kernel-2.6.18-rc4.

>-
>To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
> in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Cheers, Gene
stupid bounce rules. I do use spamassassin too. :-)
message by Gene Heskett are: