Re: What determines which interrupts are shared under Linux?

From: Roger Heflin
Date: Tue Aug 15 2006 - 13:44:48 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
Ar Maw, 2006-08-15 am 10:24 -0500, ysgrifennodd Roger Heflin:

I am currently retesting under 2.6.17.8 to see if I have similar issues
there, under that it show interrupts like below, different interrupt numbers,
but similar sharing as ata1/ata2, and ata3/ata4 are on the same interrupt.

Thats what I would expect to see - two channels per PCI device is the
normal layout and they will always share the IRQ.

After looking at other information that looks correct.

It looks like the older DMA recovery code never works on this chipset,
once it goes into DMA recovery it never comes out of it. I am looking
at that to see if anything can be done about it.

The problem I am having is that we cannot use a later kernel because it
has some other issues (MPT fusion driver is 1/4 the speed of the older
one for some unknown reason-this is in 2.6.17, the older MPT fusion works
fine on exactly the same machine/cards/bios-I am not sure of the
actual underlying casue of this slowdown).

On the specific kernel that I have I appear to have both IDE and
sata_nv drivers, is there a way to force things to use sata_nv/libata
rather than the older ide driver for the NVIDIA sata controller?

Roger