Re: Linux 2.6.16.28-rc2

From: Adrian Bunk
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 09:34:14 EST

On Thu, Aug 24, 2006 at 03:20:39PM +0200, Pavel Machek wrote:

> Hi!

Hi Pavel!

> > Pavel Machek:
> > remove obsolete swsusp_encrypt
>
> Probably not a big deal, but IIRC this was cleanup patch. I am not
> sure if it is worth merging into -stable.

This patch removed an option that didn't have any effect.

IOW, less possible user confusion with no risk.

Additionally, the help text could wrongly imply for a user enabling this
option would bring additional security.

Not a big deal, but my personal opinion was to merge it.

> Pavel

cu
Adrian

"Only a promise," Lao Er said.