Re: Unnecessary Relocation Hiding?

From: Dong Feng
Date: Thu Aug 24 2006 - 21:57:43 EST

Sorry for perhaps extending the specific question to a more generic
one. In which cases shall we, in current or future development,
prevent gcc from knowing a pointer-addition in the way RELOC_HIDE? And
in what cases shall we just write pure C point addition?

After all, we are writing an OS in C not in pure assembly, so I am
just trying to learn some generial rules to mimize the raw assembly in
development.

Feng,Dong