Re: [patch] dubious process system time.

From: Martin Schwidefsky
Date: Fri Aug 25 2006 - 04:16:12 EST

On Fri, 2006-08-25 at 09:40 +1000, Paul Mackerras wrote:
> > The system time that is accounted to a process includes the time spent
> > in three different contexts: normal system time, hardirq time and
> > softirq time.
>
> Is that true (at the moment) with CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING=y? I
> thought it wasn't.

CONFIG_VIRT_CPU_ACCOUNTING improves the precision of the numbers that
get accounted with account_[user,system,steal]_time. Which bucket the
time goes into is decided in the three functions.

--
blue skies,
Martin.

Martin Schwidefsky
Linux for zSeries Development & Services
IBM Deutschland Entwicklung GmbH