2.4 Kernel APIC Issues

From: Stephen Elliott
Date: Sat Aug 26 2006 - 13:12:36 EST

Hi,

I recently upgraded from 2.4.20 to 2.4.32 and everything seemed fine.
However, on the console I see messages like "APIC Error on CPU0" and
"Spurious Intrerrupt IRQ7".

I am using an MSI K7N420 Pro and it has an nforce chipset. I am aware that
there have been a number of issues reported regarding this issue and was
wondering if a patch is available and if not will there be one in the
future. I don't particually want to upgrade to the 2.6 kernel at this time.

Many Thanks
Stephen Elliott