Re: megaraid_sas suspend ok, resume oops

From: Jeff Chua
Date: Tue Aug 29 2006 - 21:43:05 EST

On 8/30/06, Nigel Cunningham <ncunningham@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Neither swsusp (as far as I know) or suspend2 support CONFIG_HIGHMEM64G
at the moment, I'm afraid.

It's not impossible, we just haven't seen it as a priority worth putting
time into. Do you really have more than 4GB of RAM and want to suspend
to disk?

It'll be really "nice" to have. Currently all the production systems
simply shutdown all databases and applications and put systems to a
halt. But, I'm thinking of implementing suspend_to_disk instead of
shutdown the database and applications, so when power resumes, the
system can carry on where it was left off. Nice, very nice feature to
have.
It's "nice" because nobody has tried, and if this works, I don't see
why not use it for all machines in a data center.

The DELL 2950 has 16GB of RAM, and will be running oracle database.